Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips




Homemade Tortilla Chips

Tortilla chips are one of those things that's really hard to find a truly healthy version of in stores. Even if they're made with organic corn, they're nearly always made with a polyunsaturated fat. What's a chip lovin' girl to do? Deep fried chips are delicious, but it's way too much work to heat up the oil and grease up your kitchen on a regular basis. 

My grandma is a big fan of The Food Network. A while back when I was visiting her we sat down to watch some cooking shows. Giada was on, and she made baked tortilla chips. It looked ridiculously easy. I tried it, and it was (ridiculously easy).



Here's the super simple process:

Homemade Tortilla Chips
Everything you'll need: Tortillas, coconut oil and salt. That's it!


Homemade Tortilla Chips
Brush both sides of the tortillas evenly with the oil.


Homemade Tortilla Chips
Cut into triangles.


Homemade Tortilla Chips
Arrange on a baking sheet.


Homemade Tortilla Chips
Bake until golden and crispy. And you're done!


Homemade Tortilla Chips
These chips are (of course) best eaten fresh, so I like to make them in small batches.




Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
recipe from Giada | makes about 2 servings

Ingredients:


Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C) 

Brush each side of the tortillas evenly with the melted coconut oil. Cut into triangles with a big knife. Arrange on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.

Bake in preheated oven until golden and crispy, about 15-17 minutes (you might want to start checking the tortillas at the 12 minute mark). Cool completely and store in an airtight container.





Homemade Tortilla Chips


Note: Some links are affiliate. All opinions are my own and I would never share a product with you guys that I haven't already tested unless otherwise stated.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Yum! I wish we had proper tortillas like you get in the states over here! Oh Cry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this looks beyond delicious. I cannot wait to try this recipe.

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love homemade tortilla chips! Your baked version look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erica,

    This is so easy and looks so yummy! I always wanted to make tortilla chips at home. So thanks for sharing.
    Devi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their is nothing better than homemade tortilla chips! So good. I haven't tried them with coconut oil, but I will have to do that. Thanks for the idea. Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I love this, I always want to make my own.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes